Monday, February 19, 2007

A long time ago...

The title reminds me of the beginning of Star Wars, it continues....in a galaxy far, far away. It was indeed a long time ago and I was all of 17years old. (Two decades ago!)

My best friend Gina had this huge crush on this hunk of a guy who was an amazing basketballer. Imagine how thrilled she was when he asked her out on a date! In those good old days, we went out with chaperones and I was conscripted. He came to pick us up, not alone but with a friend of his who was not bad looking (our main focus then..)

We had dinner and went for a party and danced and danced and danced. I had such a good time; his friend, John and I connected so well, we talked and I felt like I had known him for ages.

Time to drop us off at school and then the kiss. I can't remember what we talked about but I remember every detail of the kiss. Maybe it's because I was so young and he was the second person I ever kissed but...

I'm on my way back from visiting Naija for christmas and at the airport, someone calls my name; my maiden name. I felt a bit disoriented, hadn't heard that name in over a decade. He then introduces himself, I'm a bit taken aback because I didnt remember him as being so tall. As I looked into his face all I could remember was the kiss. I felt a wave of nostalgia. We made small talk and I made my escape.

I remember him wanting to be my boyfriend. He would call the house, ask for my brother who in turn would pass the phone to me if there was the all clear (no popsie/momsie), for a price of course. We'd talk and talk. I have no clue what we talked about.

As I walked away at the airport, I wondered if he remembered...

6 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Azuka said...

It's very likely he will...

He remembered your name didn't he? ;-)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Waffarian said...

I bet he did!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, he probably did. Hmm...

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger temmy tayo said...

I think most intelligent men remember things like that. Not all of them tho, no pun intended.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic writeup... Nomad there's power in your words... I'll definitely be back here

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Nomad said...

Thanks everyone, for commenting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home